Latest News & Events
Intro Program Intake
For those of you thinking about taking up self defence come along to our next Intro Program intake which starts in the first week (or second week if you can’t make that) of each calendar month. 8 lessons for $75. The Program runs on Tuesday and Thursday at 6.30pm or Saturdays at 10am for one hour. Choose to come along on any of those days ideally twice a week. We’ll give a basic introduction to Krav and you’ll get to see the main class run in parallel.
Give us a call or just come along about 15 minutes before class in the first or second week of the month. See you there.
Next Krav Maga Grading
The KMG Krav grading will be on Saturday October 4 at 11am.
TEACHING SELF DEFENCE FOR THE THINKING PERSON – WHY THINKING?
- Because we are about choosing the smartest option in response to any threat situation given who we are – not one dictated by our peers, our ego, the current martial arts fashion or by those who say we must have ‘attitude’ and deal out justice to anyone who threatens us.
- Because those who attack others in the street target victims who are not as strong, are unarmed and/or are outnumbered. In order to survive we must outsmart, not just outfight our attackers.
- Because every confrontation is different and as luck would have it almost always different to whatever we have practiced in training. We must think and adapt, fast and under pressure.
- Because talking our way out or walking our way out of a confrontation is much smarter than fighting our way out.
- Because the real challenge of a street confrontation is more psychological than it is physical.
- Because we don’t care about being the ‘best’, only being the best that we as individuals can be.
- Because we choose to be different where it makes sense and not follow the herd.
- Because we choose to think for ourselves and encourage others to do likewise.
Training ordinary people for extraordinary circumstances.
Graham Kuerschner is the Head Instructor of SDT has 48 years continuous experience in self defence and the martial arts and in that time has attained instructor status across seven systems and won titles in judo, Eskrima and kickboxing. As one of Australia’s leading experts on self defence he is regularly approached by the print and electronic media for commentary on the subject. He has been a Contributing Editor to Blitz, Australia’s national martial arts magazine for the past 12 years and has a regular column, the “Tactical Approach” in each monthly issue.
He is a past Director for Krav Maga Global (KMG) in Australia and New Zealand being instrumental in introducing and establishing Krav Maga in Australia. In colloboration with Eyal Yanilov, Chief Instructor for KMG, he authored the Instructor Manual for all KMG Krav Maga Instructors world-wide.
At right Graham and Eyal Yanilov on the front cover of Blitz.